This month the Empowerwriting Community is introducing Storywell, a plentiful spring of YOUR stories hosted on our blog.
Your entry can take the form of a story, anecdote, poem, quote, joke, song, video, illustration, or work of art.
Each month, we will introduce a new topic for you to ponder. For our first Storywell Blogathon, in April 2019, the topic is: “What was the first thing that made you truly happy?”
Instructions (suggestions for life writing submission):
(1) List 10 things/moments/people/experiences in your life that have made you truly happy.
(2) Pick the first (or one) of your 10 things, moments, people, or experiences, and answer the question: “What words and images come to your mind when you think of this thing/person/experience?”
(3) Free-write on the topic for 20 minutes using a pen or pencil and pad of paper. (Try to handwrite using pen and paper, and not worry about mistakes, grammar, or organization for now. The important thing is to get your words out on the page and start to get in a writer’s flow!)
(4) Type up (and edit if you wish) your piece.
NOTES – IMPORTANT
* Submit your piece to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please provide your first and last name, and how you heard about Empowerwriting with your entry.
* If you wish to remain anonymous, you may submit under a pen name (writer’s name).
* If your submission is a written piece, it should be maximum 250 words.
* We encourage you to include photos or other visuals/media to accompany your piece.
* All submissions are due by April 23, 2019.
* We will review your piece and may do a slight edit before publishing on our blog.
Never stop creating 🖋 your life story. 🦸♀️👨🔬👨🎨👨🎤👨🍳👷♀️👮